We're not your average "big bank." Unlike many others, we’re not out to make money for ourselves. In fact, we’re a not-for-profit cooperative whose goal is to provide world-class service to our members and the communities in which they live.
What we do for our members is never routine.
Reasons to Join
We're here to help you along your financial journey at every turn.
- We're a not-for-profit, so earnings are returned to members as lower loan rates, higher interest paid on deposits, and reduced fees.
- When you join us, you become a part-owner with an equal vote to elect members of the Board of Directors that governs us.
- Become part of a service-oriented community institution. We sponsor, host, and volunteer at many events, including the Annual Cherry Blossom Ten-Mile Run, and the S.H.A.P.E. International Basketball Tournament.
- We annually donate $20,000 to scholarship winners and $5,000 to summer camp scholarships.
- Take advantage of free financial education seminars and webinars to help you make informed decisions about the next steps in your life.
You are eligible to join us if you are at least 18 years of age1, and one of the following applies to you:
- You are employed by or a member of one of our Employer Groups.
- You live, work, attend school, or worship in Washington, D.C.
- You are or wish to be a member of the American Consumer Council.
- You are an immediate family or household member2 of an existing Andrews Federal member.
- You are U.S. Active Duty or U.S. Retired Military Personnel (or their spouses, dependents or dependent survivors) assigned to, or eligible to and are currently receiving benefits or services on a regular basis from Joint Base Andrews or Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst.
- Civilian personnel of U.S. Military units (or their dependents or dependent survivors) who work at or are assigned to Joint Base Andrews or Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst.
- Active Duty U.S. Military or Civilian personnel (or their dependents or dependent survivors) of the Department of Defense who have a valid Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card and who are authorized logistical support in accordance with the appropriate host nation Status of Forces Agreement, and who have a work or residential address within Andrews' assigned geographical territory, consisting of areas in: the Netherlands, Belgium, and northern and central Germany.
- You qualify based on your affiliation with specific Military Installations.
American Consumer Council Information
The good news is that you can become a member of Andrews Federal even if you don’t live or work in Washington, D.C., or are stationed at or employed by Joint Base Andrews or Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. Here’s how to join:
- Join the American Consumer Council, a non-profit membership organization dedicated to consumer education, advocacy and financial literacy.
- You can join the American Consumer Council at no charge. Just use promo code "Andrews."
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Yes, we offer Major Mechanical Protection (MMP). The cost varies depending on the plan type and vehicle.
MD, DC & VA
To reset your username or password once you have already logged into online banking, click on the About Me tab. If you do not remember your username or password and are unable to log into online banking, contact us at 800.487.5500.
Our routing number is 255074111.
Yes, complete the "Authorization for Direct Deposit to Andrews Federal Credit Union" form located in the "Learn" section of this website and return it to your employer or to the agency responsible for your payments.
Since our branch hours vary, select the appropriate branch under the "Locations" section of this website.
Members may obtain 1 free Official Check per day. Any additional Official Checks are $5.00 each.
There are a variety of ways to qualify for membership at Andrews Federal. To see the full list of eligibility requirements, click on "Membership" at the top or bottom of the home page.
Yes, Privilege Pay is our overdraft program that is offered at our discretion and allows you to withdraw more than your account balance for a short period of time in order to cover unexpected emergencies. In essence, we advance you the money you need to pay for the items by allowing your account balance to go temporarily negative. We charge you a $32.00 fee for each item cleared in this manner, although there is a cap to how much your account will be charged in Privilege Pay fees ($224.00/day and $750/month). We also offer an Overdraft Line of Credit, which is a loan product that is linked to your checking account and will automatically transfer available funds to cover any insufficient funds items that are presented for payment. Each such transfer to your checking is an advance against your Line of Credit and increases your loan balance. While there are no fees for the transfers themselves, you will pay interest on any outstanding Line of Credit balances. If you pay off the Line of Credit balance on the same day that it is advanced, you will not be charged any interest.
Members may cash in coins at any one of our branch locations.
Yes, you may have a Free Checking Account and an Advantage Checking Account, however the option to have 2 of the same type of checking account (e.g., 2 Free Checking accounts) is not available.
You must retain a minimum of $5 in your base share savings account.
Yes, through the CO-OP Shared Branch Network, you will be able to complete some of the same transactions as if you were at an Andrews Federal branch. To find a Shared Branch near you and to confirm the services that are available, visit the Branches & ATMs page.
Yes, at our Maryland branch locations only.
To update the address or phone number on your account, log into Online Banking, click the Options and Extras tab and select the Verify and Update Contact Information option.
Credit unions and banks are both financial institutions but there are significant differences in how they are operated. Banks are owned by shareholders. Their Boards of Directors are paid employees. They are for-profit institutions. Credit Unions are owned by their members and their Boards are volunteer. They are non-profit which means any profits made are returned back to the member in the form of lower rates and fees.
We award ten $2,000 college scholarships and ten $500 Summer Camp Awards annually. Applications for these programs are typically accepted in the first quarter of each year.
You can access your Andrews Federal accounts at participating shared branch locations. Additionally, guest members from other credit unions may access their accounts at our military bases and Virginia locations.
We exchange foreign currency at our overseas locations.
You may visit any of our branches, along with proof of name change. Such as marriage certificate, SSN card, or government issued document. You may also send a secure message through your online banking and upload your documents and a representative will review and follow up with you shortly.
To remove a joint owner, close the account and open a new one.
1We offer minor account options for our younger members, with an eligible adult. For more information regarding minor accounts, visit our Youth Savings Accounts page.
2Immediate family means that you are a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild of an existing member, or you live in the same household as an existing member.
Andrews Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with stateside locations in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey, as well as overseas locations in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.