At some banks and credit unions, overdrawing your account can result in bounced checks and hefty charges. We understand that emergencies and miscalculations happen. That's why Andrews Federal Credit Union offers a range of options that help you set things right without costing you a lot of money.
To err is human. To forgive is the way we do business.
Transfer from Savings Account
A quick, easy fix for those times when your balance is zero
- Log into Digital Banking to transfer money from your savings account without needing to visit a Washington, D.C., Maryland, Northern Virginia, New Jersey, Germany, Netherlands or Belgium branch location when your checking balance falls below zero
- It's quick and easy to move money between accounts
- Plus, there is no fee for transferring funds between accounts
Overdraft Line of Credit
It's a lot like having a credit card linked to your account
- No fees for transfers, but you pay interest online of credit balances
- No interest will be charged if balances are paid off the same day as transfers occur
- Request to have funds moved to your checking account whenever your balance runs low
For a fee, temporarily allow your checking balance to go below zero
- Have an unexpected expense? Forgot to make a deposit to your checking account, or your deposit was delayed? Have peace of mind that your payments will still get made, with overdraft coverage from Privilege Pay.
- Your eligible checking account is automatically enrolled in Privilege Pay to cover checks and automatic (ACH) payments (must meet account requirements, to include having a monthly direct deposit of at least $200).
- You can extend your overdraft coverage by Opting In for Privilege Pay for your debit card purchases.
- There's a $32 fee for each Privilege Pay covered transaction, with a maximum daily charge of $96 (i.e. daily cap of 3 fees).
- You must repay the money we advanced in a reasonable amount of time (no more than 25-30 days).
- Privilege Pay is a courtesy that we extend to you, offered at our discretion.
- There is a limit to how much Privilege Pay will cover.
- If you choose not to use overdraft protection, your transaction will be returned unpaid (or your debit card purchased declined) if you do not have sufficient funds in your checking account.
- View Terms and Conditions for Privilege Pay.
Raise Your Rate Share Certificate
Saving for something special? Let us help you reach your financial goal sooner with a Share Certificate. Earn dividends at a higher rate than a typical savings account. The larger your balance, the more you could earn.
Andrews Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with stateside locations in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey and overseas locations in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.