Sprouting $avers (Ages 0-12)
Open a Sprouting $avers account with just $5 and get your child involved in the habit of saving at an early age.
- Custodial account under the Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA)*
- Tax-free savings for your child
- Allows custodian (parent, grandparent, etc.) to manage the funds in the account on behalf of the minor
- Funds may be distributed to child when they reach the UTMA maturity date (varies by state, typically 18 or 21)
* Custodial accounts are organized under the state laws where the opening branch is located. For example, accounts opened at a New Jersey branch are opened under the New Jersey UTMA laws. Refer to the appropriate state’s UTMA laws for more details regarding these accounts types.
Ca$h Commanders (Ages 13-17)
Our Ca$h Commander accounts help our members age 13-17 learn the value of savings and managing a checking account.
- Open the account with just $5 and get the option to also open our Free Checking product with VISA Debit Card (requires parent or guardian to jointly sign for account)
- Access to SmartConnect online banking helps your child learn to manage their account using today’s technologies