We are excited that you've considered membership with Andrews Federal. Joining has never been so easy!
We are excited that you have considered membership with Andrews Federal. Joining Andrews Federal has never been so easy!
When you’ve determined your membership eligibility, begin your online membership application by clicking the “Open an Account” button to the right or come visit us at one of our branch locations. You can start your membership with just $5!
Our field of membership includes Washington, DC, civilian and military personnel of Joint Base Andrews, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, and military installations in central Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands; as well as over 200 employer groups throughout Maryland and New Jersey. We also have nationwide membership eligibility through the American Consumer Council.
Once your account has been opened, you are a member for life even if you change jobs, move across town or relocate out of the country. Andrews Federal members receive access to benefits such as competitive loan and deposit rates, free 24/7 online account access, free financial literacy resources, and more!
You are eligible to join us if you are at least 18 years of age*, and one of the following applies to you:
- You are employed by or a member of one of our Employer Groups. (Click on the Employer Groups link to the right to view the entire list), or
- You live, work, attend school or worship in Washington, D.C., or
- You are or wish to be a member of the American Consumer Council, or
- You are an immediate family or household member** of an existing Andrews Federal member, or
- You are Active Duty or Retired Military Personnel (or their spouses, dependents or dependent survivors) assigned to, or eligible to and are currently receiving benefits or services on a regular basis from Joint Base Andrews or Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, or
- Civilian personnel of US Military units (or their dependents or dependent survivors) who work at or are assigned to Joint Base Andrews or Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, or
- Active Duty US Military or Civilian personnel (or their dependents or dependent survivors) of the Department of Defense who have a valid Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card and who are authorized logistical support in accordance with the appropriate host nation Status of Forces Agreement, AND who have a work or residential address within Andrews' assigned geographical territory, consisting of areas in: the Netherlands, Belgium, and northern and central Germany.
*We offer minor account options for our younger members, with an eligible adult. For more information regarding minor accounts, go to Personal > Savings Checking > Youth Savings Accounts.
**Immediate family means that you are a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild of an existing member, or you live in the same household as an existing member.
American Consumer Council
The American Consumer Council (ACC) is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to consumer education, advocacy and financial literacy. As a consumer, you are able to join the American Consumer Council; members of the American Consumer Council are eligible to join our credit union. To find out more about the ACC, or to become an ACC member, please visit their website.