As we pass the halfway point of the year, we are once again proud of the hard work and dedication of our credit union team. While some in the financial services industry faced uncertainty during the first part of 2023, our executive leadership team focused on keeping our credit union strong; being responsive to the challenges members face; and providing the resources so members can make financially prudent decisions today and in the future.
At our recent Annual Meeting, we were able to highlight this dedication to our members as we discussed the credit union's financial status and strength with our membership. Our Board Chair Kenneth McKinney reminded all in attendance that Andrews Federal continues to be a safe and secure place for their finances.
During the Annual Meeting, we celebrated accomplishments of the past and also looked toward the future by recognizing our college scholarship and summer camp award winners. We consider education one of the most valuable tools available to assist our members in reaching the next level of their financial journey, and we were honored to give more than $40,750 in college scholarships and summer camp awards.
We are proud of our team’s efforts this year and the ways they have contributed to the success of our local communities. For example:
- Andrews Federal served as the premier sponsor of the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Power in the Pines Open House, joining with more than 100,000 attendees to support and appreciate the innovation of our military.
- Our overseas team developed a utility relief assistance grant to support military members with the challenge of increased costs due to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
- Our employees completed a building project through Habitat for Humanity.
- Our credit union supported wellbeing for military families through our Credit Union Freedom Run.
- Our branch network planned special appreciation events to celebrate our membership each month.
Our credit union leaders continue to fill us with pride. Three of our board members were voted in for an additional three-year term of service to Andrews Federal Credit Union. We appreciate the dedication of Robert Bowie, Derald Emory and L. Dail Turner as they continue in their volunteer roles. Our Director Emeritus Roger Scearce was named to the Defense Credit Union Council Hall of Honor in recognition of his many years of service to Andrews Federal, the Defense Credit Union Council, and the credit union industry.
Andrews Federal Chief Operating Officer Damita Robinson has stepped into additional roles in service of our community, serving as the treasurer of the Maryland Chamber of Commerce board of directors and as an honorary commander at Joint Base Bolling-Anacostia. I was also personally honored to be selected as an honorary commander for Joint Base Andrews and to continue building upon our strong relationship with the base where we were founded.
As we begin the second half of 2023, we thank you. You give us your trust and make it possible for our credit union board, leadership team and volunteers to serve you. We take our responsibility to you seriously and appreciate your continued loyal membership.