ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Scholarship applications must be submitted by Sunday, March 31, 2024. Incomplete applications at the time of the deadline will not be considered for the application process.
Credit unions focus on “people helping people.” Write 750 to 1,000 words describing the ways you follow this philosophy and how your service has impacted your personal life and your community.
To be considered for a scholarship, you must complete the essay and provide:
- A copy of your college or university acceptance letter
- A high-resolution self-portrait or graduation photo with no proofs or watermarks
- The college or university Federal and Student ID numbers of the school you plan to attend
- You must be a member of Andrews Federal Credit union or have an immediate family member who is a member of Andrews Federal Credit Union.
- You must be a graduating high school senior preparing to enter your freshman year of college, or trade school during Fall 2024.
- You must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale.
- Scholarships are not open to employees or board members of Andrews Federal Credit Union, or their families.
- Limit one scholarship per household.
- Previous scholarship winners are not eligible to apply.
- The program is not available to college students.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by May 3, 2024.
- If you are selected as a winner, you must provide an official transcript showing your current GPA.
- If you do not comply with these requirements, or if we are unable to reach you, your scholarship may be forfeited.
- Applicants will not be contacted after application submission.
- Winners may be asked to accept their reward in-person at our Annual Meeting in June 2024 if you live within 25 miles of our headquarters location in Suitland, Maryland. Photographs will be taken of award winners and their families. Business attire requested.