In keeping with the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People”, Andrews Federal will award a total of ten (10) $2,000 scholarships to Andrews Federal student members to be used for tuition and books. The application process is now open and will close on 11:59 pm on April 15, 2019. Scholarship winners will be notified by May 15, 2019.
You may only submit in one category.
- Essay – in 750 words or less, describe your community service experience and how it has impacted your life as well as the lives of others.
- Video – Create a 60-second commercial targeted at a viewer under the age of 30 that demonstrates the benefits of volunteering in their community.
Scholarship Application Submission Requirements
Please pay close attention to the scholarship application submission requirements. Your application will not be accepted if these requirements are not met.
- Your complete scholarship application and required documentation must be received by 11:59 pm on April 15, 2019.
- A high-res (>1MB) self portrait (preferably a senior portrait without proofs or watermarks)
- Your college/university/trade school acceptance letter
- The Federal ID number of the school that you plan to attend. The Federal ID number is not your student id number and must be obtained from the school. It can usually be obtained from the business or bursar's office if it isn't posted on the school's website.
- You must be an Andrews Federal member in your own right (parental membership does not convey eligibility).
- Your membership must be in good standing as of April 15, 2019.
- You must also be a graduating high school senior preparing to enter your freshman year of college or trade school in the fall of 2019.
- The Scholarship Program is not open to employees and Board Members of Andrews Federal Credit Union or their families.
- Limit one scholarship per household.
- Scholarship winners residing within a 25 mile radius of Headquarters are required to attend our Annual Meeting on June 24, 2019 at 5:00 pm to accept their scholarship reward.
- Winners residing outside of this radius but within a 25 mile radius of an Andrews Federal branch location are required to visit that branch to accept their scholarship awards.