An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction but that purchase is covered anyway. Ensure you have overdraft coverage, especially since the laws governing overdraft options have changed, requiring you to opt-in for coverage.
Opt-in for convenience
The following types of transactions will be declined unless you have authorized us to pay them in advance:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
Don't lose your overdraft coverage
Legislation governing overdraft protection affects your account regardless of the overdraft coverage you have with us. In order for Andrews Federal to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and debit card transactions, you must "Opt-In."
Please complete the form below and click on the Submit button. You may also call 800.487.5500 (U.S.) or 00.800.487.56267 (Outside U.S.). Respond today and we’ll make sure your ATM and debit card transactions are covered in the event of an overdraft.
More about your overdraft options
Andrews Federal covers your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We offer overdraft protection plans, such as transfers from savings accounts or overdraft lines of credit. These plans are the least expensive way to cover overdrafts. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
- We also have a Privilege Pay program that is available after your account has been opened for 90 days. Through Privilege Pay, we may authorize and pay overdrafts up to a predetermined limit for checks and other debit transactions deducted from your checking account. Fees that may be incurred through our Privilege Pay program include:
- A fee of $25.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.