Andrews Federal has met the needs of military members for decades, and we’re ready to help you and your family with your finances before, during, and after deployment. Below is a list of products and services to help you in your transaction.
- Open a Checking account - With an Andrews Federal checking account you can enjoy money-saving benefits like:
- Visa® Check Card works like a check, and is accepted wherever you see the Visa logo. You won’t have to carry as much cash or write checks as often. It’s also your ATM card.
- No per check fees
- A low initial deposit to open
- No monthly fee with Direct Deposit - To enroll, contact your unit’s personnel office.
- Use eServices. Sign up for FREE Online Banking to access your accounts from any computer 24/7. You can:
- Check account balances
- Review account history
- Transfer funds between Andrews Federal accounts.
- Download transactions to Microsoft Money® or Quicken®
- And much more!
- Sign up for FREE Online Bill Pay too, so you can pay U.S. bills online 24/7.
- Add your spouse/relative(s) to your account(s). For easier record keeping, open a second account so that both family members write checks on separate funds.
- Apply for an Overdraft Line of Credit! Write yourself a loan when you need emergency cash.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit to your Andrews Federal checking account so your funds will be there when you need them, even if you’re far away.
- ATMs. Use your Andrews Federal Visa Check Card at any CO-OP ATM Network – to bring you over 28,000 surcharge-free ATMs, over 5,500 machines at 7-Eleven stores nationwide and 341 Costco® Wholesale store locations. Best of all, it's free of charge.
- Shared Branches. A network of credit unions share their branches to offer more convenience to their members. At shared branches, you can make deposits, withdrawals, balance inquiries and more. Use the tool located on the left to find a Shared Branch location.
Contact the base legal office with questions about your personal situation – including access to your account while you’re gone and the disposition of your assets should the unexpected happen. The legal office can also assist you with:
- Joint Accounts. Designate your spouse or a close relative as the joint owner of your Andrews Federal account to ensure that someone else has access to your funds if they need to pay bills on your behalf.
- Power of Attorney. If you want someone to conduct business on your Andrews Federal account, provide them with a Power of Attorney to act on your behalf for a certain time period. Visit your local branch or call us to find out more. If you’ve already designated Power of Attorney, review it to ensure it hasn’t expired and that the person designated is still the one you want acting on your behalf.
- Will. It’s a necessity because if anything happens to you, it ensures that your property and your accounts are distributed according to your wishes. If you have children, you can designate who will care for them after you’re gone. Update beneficiaries on all policies. Consider a living will, too, stating your wishes on what medical care you’ll want if you can’t speak for yourself.
- Review your coverage. Supplement your military life insurance and death gratuity benefit with other life insurance. Review your policy to see if you need to add coverage. Consider Credit Life and Disability protection on your loans and credit cards to cover you and your family if the unexpected occurs.
- Rethink your auto insurance. If your vehicle will be stored, comprehensive insurance is required on cars financed with Andrews Federal. Provide us with a copy of your insurance policy. You can also call us for details on necessary coverage.
Additional tips to consider before deployment include:
- Never sign blank checks.
- Contact Andrews Federal to apply for emergency financial assistance.
- Set up automatic payments to creditors with periodic payment.
- While in Europe, you should use our Euro Bill Payment service. You can set up recurring withdrawals (e.g., monthly, bi-weekly) to fit your payment schedule.
- Memorize your account numbers.
- Place an active duty alert in your credit file.
Once your return from deployment
- Update your personal information. Inform us of changes you need to make to your accounts. Revoke any Power of Attorney.
- Check your accounts and financial information to be sure everything is in order when you return.
- Request a free copy of your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com to ensure your identity hasn’t been compromised. Meet with the person who handled your finances so you know exactly your situation.