Andrews Federal Credit Union has served military families for decades, so we understand the issues of a PCS move. We can help with your finances during your move and throughout your life regardless of where you live.Moving your finances
You can remain a member of Andrews Federal no matter where your military career takes you, as well as after your service has ended. It’s easy, too, because with our remote services, you can enjoy all the benefits of membership even if there’s no branch nearby. Here is a list of items to keep in mind before you make that transition.
- Change your address. Before you move, contact us with your new address so that important account information arrives without interruption, and so that we can contact you about any suspected fraudulent activity or other emergencies.
- Use electronic delivery services. Sign up for FREE, secure Online Banking to access your accounts from any computer 24/7.
- Check account balances
- Review account history
- Transfer funds
- Download transactions to Quicken®
- And much more!
- Sign up for FREE Online Bill Pay. Pay U.S. bills online anytime – even get your Visa®statements electronically.
- Keep your Andrews Federal checking account. Wherever you go, it provides day-to-day convenience, and:
- FREE 24-hour access to account information
- FREE Online Bill Pay
- Visa Check Card
- No per check fees
- A low initial deposit to open
- No monthly fee with Direct Deposit
- Apply for overdraft protection. Use it to write yourself a loan (up to your credit limit) to cover unexpected expenses, a miscalculation, a delayed payday, and more.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit. Your funds will be there when you need them, even if you’re far away. To enroll in Direct Deposit, contact your unit’s personnel office.
- Get ATM and Shared Branch information. Use your Visa Check Card or ATM card at Andrews Federal ATMs or at any CO-OP ATM Network – to bring you over 28,000 surcharge-free ATMs, over 5,500 machines at 7-Eleven stores nationwide and 341 Costco® Wholesale store locations. You can also make deposits, withdrawals, balance inquiries, and more at Shared Branches, a network of credit unions that share their branches for other members to use.
- Access information by phone. Get automated account information by phone 24/7 in English and Spanish. To sign up, call 800.487.8353. Members in Europe, call 00.800.4878.3535.
- Need a loan? Contact us 24/7 at 800.487.5500. or 00.800.4875.6267 (Outside U.S.) or click the "Apply for a loan" button on this page.
A move overseas requires more preparation than a domestic move, including updating your will, shipping privately owned vehicles, getting a safe deposit box, and opening necessary Andrews Federal accounts. You should also consider the following when making your move:
- Forwarding your mail. File a change of address form with your post office. Also, see if your new unit has a general delivery address to which you can forward mail, or an APO or FPO box number.
- Arranging power of attorney. If you need a spouse or other relative to manage some details of your move, arrange to give them power of attorney to act on your behalf. Your legal office can help with this.
- Breaking your lease. Tell your landlord right away about your move; a clause in your lease may allow you to break it under such circumstances, although 30 days written notice may be required.
- Selling your home. Finding a buyer is difficult and time-consuming. We can offer relocation assistance — buying and selling a home — through the SMARTMOVE program. Using a SMARTMOVE professional real estate agent to buy or sell your home may make you eligible for cash rebates. For more information, call 800.645.6560 or 703.359.1831 or go to www.smartmove.com/andrewsfcu. (Some restrictions apply. Program void where prohibited by law.)
You may be eligible for government help in selling your home. See your base or post housing office for details.
- Buying a new home. Order your free credit report through www.annualcreditreport.com and review it for errors. A financial counselor from Balance, a financial fitness program that helps you manage your money, can help you. Balance also has HUD-approved housing counselors to help you with pre-purchase education and more. Call 888.456.2227 or 0.800.187.5305 (Outside U.S.). For more information on a home purchase, use the Home Buying Coach, an interactive service in our online Education Center.
- Reviewing your insurance. Make sure your family is protected and on the right financial path. We offer affordable permanent life insurance, disability income protection, and critical illness insurance.
Wherever your military service takes you, bring along your Andrews Federal membership. We’re ready to serve you wherever you go.